Wake up in the morning and open your eyes wide. See the beauty in the world, smile and give thanks. See the ugly in the world, weep; then refuse to let it win. Do this and a life will be lived.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Perfectly Flawed

I am not today nor will I ever be perfect. I am just a girl, born to learn from her mistakes, to grow and change, to dream and stumble. What I think today I might not think tomorrow.
Some days I will wake up and dance with joy. Some days my heart will ache and I will take refuge in God’s love. What matters is whether or not I give up.
Sometimes, the people I meet will like me. Sometimes, the people I meet will not. What matters is whether or not I treat them all with kindness.
Some days I will shine. Some days I will experience success. What matters is whether or not I’m willing to fail.
Today I want to pay attention to the little things, to remember to say grace before my meals and compliment the ones I love. Today I want to laugh at my inadequacies and continue striving toward my goals. I want to taste something sweet and see something lovely. I want to reach beyond a limit I’ve set for myself. I want to think of others, to listen more and talk less. I want to look up at the sunshine and later at the sparkling stars. I want to sit still and silent, without the television or the noise of the world to interfere. I want to breathe in deep and say a simple prayer.
I am not today nor will I ever be perfect. I am just a girl, created by an awesome God to share in the human experience. Today, I will put my pride aside and remember; we will all make mistakes. What matters is whether or not we are willing to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment